Sourcing the right talent requires understanding labour market dynamics and selling your proposition to top candidates.
Your talent search can benefit from our value added services. Whether you need to know what salary and benefits to offer, interim day rates for specific skills, or how to write a compelling job description that attracts the candidates you need, we can help.
When bidding for the best candidates you are competing against offers made by other employers, so it is important that your proposition is competitive, but not excessive. It is also important to know what skills and capabilities come with professionally qualified candidates so you can understand the business benefits they will bring. We can quickly deliver:
- Salary and day rate benchmarking specific to your sector, so you can be competitive with your offers but not pay over market rates
- Benefits benchmarking that allows you to create attractive propositions for candidates who don’t just focus on salary
- Skills and qualifications benchmarking, so that you know what capabilities to expect from a candidate applying for a specific role within your organisation
- We can rapidly provide you with benchmarking data that allows you to take informed decisions about who to hire, at what level and the skills they will bring to benefit your business.
- This information can also be crucial for retention. It helps us both to meet your recruitment challenges and also to avoid encountering those challenges in the first place.
Finance and accountancy and financial change and transformation are fast-paced environments. Market conditions shift continuously, with new technologies and regulations changing the value of different skills, experience and capabilities on an ongoing basis. Keeping abreast of these emerging trends is a full-time job. That’s why we have full-time resources doing just that – so you don’t have to. We can provide you with:
- Industry and market mapping to identify suitably qualified candidates
- Market intelligence that identifies recruitment trends in your area of hiring
- Alerts about forthcoming regulatory changes that are likely to require candidates with suitable expertise
- Significant candidate moves in your industry, so you know where to go when you need to headhunt a candidate with specific skills.
JOB DESCRIPTION WRITING AND BEST PRACTICE
The job or assignment description is a fundamental tool to ensure that you attract and select candidates who have the specific skills you need for your business. It is also the starting point for when you brief us on your requirements. However, it is not always a straightforward process to translate often highly technical skills requirements into a working job specification. We can assist you with this process through:
- Helping you to identify the professional and technical skills required to perform in the role you are hiring for
- Translating those requirements into a job specification that tells the candidate exactly what the role demands from them.
INTERVIEW TECHNIQUES AND BEST PRACTICE
Having successfully sold your vacancy to prospective candidates, your next challenge is to ensure you find out during the interview stage whether they meet your values and cultural fit requirements. It is also an opportunity for you to ask candidates to explain how their past achievements have benefitted their existing and past employers through competency-based interviews. To ensure you gain the maximum benefit from the interview stage, we can provide:
- Coaching in how to run an interview process, competency-based or otherwise
- Checklists and questions that are designed to elicit the information you will need to make your decision
- Advice on how to deliver interview feedback to colleagues and candidates.