Global Accounting Network are currently recruiting a Financial Controller role for a fast-growth digital tech business based in Central London. My client have grown substantially over the past few years, and are now looking to recruit a Financial Controller to head up a team of seven.
This role has very broad scope and will have a large Operational focus as well, with this individual being initially being required to help develop and sculpt the finance function and finance strategy, and will be required to provide accurate financial insight to the management team, as well as working as a business partner across the organisation.
Some of the responsibilities for this position include:
- Day to day running of the finance function, including managing a team of 7 accountants in the UK and internationally
- Building and developing a scalable finance function
- Supervising cash flow across the business
- Monthly reforecasting
- Heading up various projects, including implementing a new accounting system to enable further business growth
- Business partnering with non-finance functions, as well as working closely with senior management
The ideal profile for this individual will be:
- Qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Practice trained, ideally having worked in audit
- Experienced in managing and motivating medium to large teams
- Entrepreneurially minded – with a desire to work in a fast-growth and ever-changing environment
This is a brilliant role for someone to move into, potentially straight from practice or with some industry experience, who has a desire to be more operationally/commercially focused. This is a broad role, which will give this person an opportunity to develop quickly towards becoming a Finance Director.