This highly recognised and hugely successful group with their HQ in London are now looking for a talented Group Finance Manager to join the ranks at one of their fastest growing and successful consumer focussed brands. The environment isn’t for everyone, it takes a lot of energy and hard-work to push the business and maintain top spot in their industry. However, with hard work comes reward and further opportunities and responsibilities realistic to expectations.
You are wholly responsible for the day to day accounting and financial management of the brand. Providing financial support to the operations team, you will also produce accurate financial reports and develop viable strategies through financial and commercial research.
Internally, you are a key contact to the C-suite, as well as Commercial, Operational, and Brand Directors. You will also have external relationships with Auditors, HMRC, Tax Advisors, business suppliers and lenders.
Main responsibilities include:
- Day to day finance support to operations
- Management of invoicing and credit control
- Relationship building with key suppliers
- Management and overseeing purchase ledger
- Payroll management
- Review of VAT returns
- Management of trial balance – accruals and pre-payments, balance sheet reconciliations, accounts, fixed assets and depreciations
- Production of management accounts
- Continuous review and improvement of processes
- Take ownership of accounting processes, driving efficiency to work flows
- Creating and improving monthly flash reports
- Leading monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- P&L analysis
- Ability to present and talk through variances with senior level execs
- Supporting statutory accounting processes for a listed business
- Assist with IFRS/UK GAAP compliance
- Implement operational accounting initiatives
- Assist and manage commercial projects from a finance perspective
- Annual audit activities
It is clear from the above that you will be hugely proficient with the daily elements and cycle routines of finance. You’ll be Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA. You’ll definitely have strong IT and modelling skills and you’ll certainly have exposure to responsibilities of a similar nature.