Our client is a start up e-commerce business already making great waves in its sector. They have raised significant funds and have been trading and growing for a year now.
The CEO is now looking for someone to help drive the business forwards to the next stage financially, and long term the next round of fund raising.
He needs someone to help him look at their profitability, margins, investor reports, and understand the levers for their business. You will work with the marketing teams, sales and ops, and the board, and put together a new set of reports that will provide the information to help the business maximise its potential. However, you are the only person in finance so will also be required to run the month end, submit VAT returns, and more core finance activities along those lines.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- highly commercial and able to design, standardise and draft financial reports for the board and investors
- strong modelling experience in a growing business
- experience of implementing new systems and processes
- track record of driving commercial value and increased margins/EBITDA
- worked in core finance having filed VAT returns, performed balance sheet reconciliations, run month end, etc.
- experience of a SME environment, but also understand best practice process from audit or blue chip environments
The role is based in London, is an immediate start, and runs for 4 months initially.
This is a business in a very exciting growth phase and if this sounds like something you want to be part of and feel you can help the business grow, please send your CV.