We are recruiting for a retailer who are looking for a UK and US Senior Financial Controller. The role will pay £65,000 + Bonus + Bens. The business is still an SME, but has an amazing product stocked in many stand alone stores around the world and also in concessions like John Lewis and Harrods.
Based close to Oxford Circus, this person will be involved in the following responsibilities:
- Financial accounting for UK and US legal entities
- Coordinate work of finance controllers for other group legal entities
- Create accounting calendar
- Develop, document and implement group accounting processes , controls and policies
- Manage accounts payable (one direct report)
- Advise CFO on all financial and accounting matters
- Work with external advisers & company secretaries for the production of statutory accounts, group consolidated accounts and tax returns
- Manage VAT for UK company
This person must have managed a full finance team before, including accounts payable. They will probably be a Finance Manager/Controller for a UK retail business/manufacturing/FMCG business. They will be an expert at setting up processes, controls and policies and leading an accounting team. They will be qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA with strong excel knowledge.