Global Accounting Network are currently partnering with a very reputable trading business based in London who have a truly global reach. They are going through a period of change currently, bringing top tier individuals into their finance and accounting team.
They are currently looking for a Technical Accounting Manager (contract and permanent) to sit under the Director of Technical Policy in a team of 2.
As of January 1st IFRS 9 comes into play and that will be a focus for the long term role, however, the major focus for the interim going into this role will be based around the Hedge Accounting framework and procedures.
- Managing and developing where possible all hedge accounting processes
- Develop an appropriate system to ensure that all hedging activity is sufficiently recorded and tracked on the system
- Provide technical accounting advice for the long term hedge accounting strategies
- Take a leading role in documenting the required IAS 39/IFRS 9 hedge accounting criteria
- Assist in developing the internal team knowledge of best in class hedge accounting
- Provide technical advice on the new and existing IFRS standards and policies
- Prepare and present relevant training documents
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Excellent IFRS knowledge
- Strong hedge Accounting experience & ideally previous experience implementing a new hedging framework or policies etc
- Previous experience in a hands on statutory preparation role
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders as this will interact with the CFO on a very regular basis
This role is moving very quickly so please send in your CV if you would like to be considered for the interim or the permanent opportunity.